For those of you who think the worst is over for retailers, think again. Since the start of 2016, the following retailers have failed: BhS, Beales, Sports Authority, Kendall Mint Cake, Castle Bakery, Hawick Knitwear, Ben Sherman, Brantano, Blue Inc, John Cooper & Sons, Atterley, McEwans of Perth, Trodd Ltd, Furniture Barn and Austins of Derry. This year will be another tough year for retailers and as more struggle, more shops will fall vacant which will cause retail property values to fall.
- Come on people, let’s get real with property valuations!!!
- What Commercial Properties Do We Want to Buy
- What’s in store for high street retail investors in 2016?
- More High Street Retail Woes
- Shop Buyers Continue with Caution as Clinton Cards Face Administration
- Sell My Shop in Wales
- An Estimated 30,000 Jobs to Go on the High Street in 2013
- Selling commercial property is no longer fun